Playing Plants vs Zombies ... or is it Five Nights at Freddy's?
Well... not really. Just doing the teacher check-in thing. But it felt a lot like the game Plants vs. Zombies (assuming I've played it, which I haven't).
Okay. Actually, I wanted to compare being a teacher sub-director to playing Five Nights at Freddy's without the jumpscares, mainly because I haven't actually played Plants vs. Zombies, so I don't actually know what Plants vs. Zombies feels like, but also because it was all about managing multiple things at once without forgetting anything while still having to deal with the hordes of animatronics... I mean teachers waiting for their stuff. Perhaps the Five Nights at Freddy's analogy would be more suitable if I were to have done Security instead of teacher check-in because you're literally a security guard in the first three FNaF games and the stress of having to deal with the angry emails could perhaps be compared to the anticipation of a jumpscare when you think you've screwed it somehow, or when you hear vent sounds in the game and know that an animatronic is very near.
As for my overall experience with doing teacher check-in, I actually found it to be the stress I kinda needed to counteract my everyday slog through classes that I get bored in. Not super high stakes like some other parts of ESP, but I still didn't really want to make a fool of myself.
Eventually, coxm and JanPan told me to delegate to others, and when I was hesitant, told me I couldn't man teacher check-in for the rest of the day. Perhaps they felt the same thing whenever LiXuan would answer all of the Spark emails himself instead of telling others to do it.
It wasn't like I didn't trust the other ESP admins not to man the desk well. In fact, if LiXuan hadn't left almost immediately after he suggested delegating, I probably would've had him man teacher check-in without so much as batting an eye. Same goes with anybody else who has done teacher check-in. But I knew that there were a lot of moving parts including tracking forms, making sure you refresh the page every five minutes to sync the check-in information, and remembering the list of stuff you need to tell all of the teachers. That was enough to make me hesitant to leave the desk.
That's about all I have to say today (we're gonna kindly not mention the charger thing). Oh, and by the way, I rather like the stickers they produced :)
nice sticker poggers. good to hear you're enjoying esp :)
ReplyDeleteyay teacher-check in and congrats on acquiring cool stickers!
ReplyDeletei'm also feeling the good stress part of things--on one hand, i'm getting crushed by sunday pset deadlines, but on the other hand, it feels fulfilling to be doing something valuable and it also forces me to be more on top of things and actually do work efficiently