RSA, Exponents, Mods, a Giant Firehose of 6.042

Well, Grace said that for her 6.042 Cryptography lecture, they spent one hour on Caesar Shift, and then crammed all of the other more complicated encryptions into the last 30 minutes of lecture. Well, that didn't really happen, since we had to review stuff (FlT, Euler's Totient Function, etc.), but it certainly felt that way today. After basically snoozing for much of Induction, Invariant, State Machines, and Modular Arithmetic lectures, this one definitely felt like a firehose of content in those last thirty minutes.

(stole this from https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/8-lessons-learnt-drinking-from-mit-fire-hose-takunda-mutee)

To be honest though, this firehose was quite refreshing for me. This lecture was basically what I imagined MIT to be like when I got here, scribbling down stuff, barely keeping up but it's not so ridiculously crazy that I don't know what's happening for the entire hour and a half. There's a sweet spot in how fast classes go, and I actually really like this one.

At some point today, I'll probably be in the study, working out some of the kinks in the Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange and the RSA Cryptosystem. Glad to see that a class that's been putting me to sleep before is getting interesting. Hopefully this keeps up :)

Comments

  1. Imagine not feeling sleepy in 26-100, sounds fun :))
    I hope more classes will hit the sweet spot as we get out of GIRs and early requirements; then we can finally TFP (truly find paradise)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL biggest plot twist of the century

      Delete
    2. wait what's your other class in 26-100 on the same day as 6.009 then??

      Delete
    3. 18.03 and 6.0001. 6.042 does not meet on Mondays.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brain Dump

Playing Depression Quest