Stones and Cupcakes

 


Well, my birthday was six days ago, but I didn't think about making my own blog until today. I probably should have done this earlier, because I'm not sure if I can remember everything about what happened that day.

Obviously, I remember that that was my first time baking, so instead of cupcakes, Reece and I somehow made scones instead. I've never told Reece, but there may be a chance there was too much flour in there. I was supposed to put in one and a fourth cups of flour and had a measuring cup to measure with, but I don't trust my ability to count to read that it was a full cup and not a 1/3 cup (welcome to MIT, folks :)). Anyways, they weren't the most terrible thing ever. At least they were edible.


That wasn't the final result. Wouldn't that have been embarassing... Here's the second attempt. It'shonestly surprising that we even remotely followed the same recipe:

Quite amazing, tbh. Though I'll be honest. I'm probably going to leave baking only for the most special of occasions. Much too lazy to find another substitute for buttermilk, and to just gather ingredients in general. And having to plan ahead enough to leave the butter out to soften is just not my thing. I'm more of a "last-minute" kind of guy.

Anyways, if you're curious, here is the link to the recipe. Shoutout to Natasha's Kitchen for saving me when my planning was such a disaster, I didn't realize I had to order cupcakes in advance. Though I guess I could say I got something out of this, and being stuck in Simmon's country kitchen all day inadvertently made it quite a bit easier for everybody else to plan their stuff for me (thx, 3c. I love you all <3)

Anyways, enough rambling for now. It's 2:30 in the morning, which is a tad late, even by MIT standards. I should probably go to sleep in the next two hours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RSA, Exponents, Mods, a Giant Firehose of 6.042

Brain Dump

Playing Depression Quest