New Inanimate Insanity Episode
Yep. I watch object shows. My Little Pony isn't the only animated cartoon I watch :)
Anyways, despite the title and the episode being on my blog, I'm not going to spoil anything, even though I'm pretty sure nobody here actually watches object shows. As such, I'll talk about yesterday, because I was too tired to blog.
So basically, I asked to grade an easy Geometry proof problem for HMMT, and that's what I got. I did not realize that in terms of grading, "easy geo" is basically an oxymoron.
What ended up happening was that everybody got split up into groups, and by 5:00, every single grader was working through #3 (the easy geo problem). I mean, the intended solution wasn't too hard and there was one alternate method that was even more elementary than the intended solution. The problem is when people get two lines away from completing an elegant proof... and then spend another two pages trig bashing :/
Speaking of geometry, I should probably learn how to Bary bash at some point. Oh, and apparently, moving points are a thing, so better add that to my bucket list of stuff :)
Eventually, everybody who was grading all of the other problems migrated over to grade ours, and I guess this is why nobody was that keen on putting Geometry in a proof competition. Grace Tian, Holden, and basically all of the Problem Czars chipped in for the six hour slog.
Would I do it again? Probably :) Geo is fun, even if there's not really a way to make it easy to grade (thx a lot, however wrote submission #260).
Comments
Post a Comment